Honey for Your BodyBefore putting honey in your bath or on large areas of your body- please make sure your skin is not allergic to honey.
Honey on wound to minimize scarring ~
- Honey is hygroscopic, meaning that it has a strong affinity for water and will actually absorb moisture directly from the air. Because of this, when applied to wounds, burns, incisions, etc., honey maintains a moist, healing environment - preventing the scabbing or drying out of the skin as it heals, thus minimizing scarring.
Honey Facial Mask ~
- Because of honey's affinity for water and its ability to attract it, applying honey to skin as a facial treatment helps to moisturize and soften the skin and fight the signs of premature aging. Fine lines and wrinkles are often a sign of dehydration. And because of its antibacterial qualities, honey treatments are also great for acne prone skin, too.
- To treat your skin to the healing benefits of honey, simply follow the directions below.
What you'll need:
~ Organic, raw honey
~ A small glass bowl
~ Small brush for application
1) Place 1-2 TBSP of honey in a small bowl.
2) Set bowl in a dish of warm (not hot) water for a few moments to soften the honey.
Note: You may also stir the honey with a warm (not hot) spoon for the same effect. Take care not to expose the honey to undue heat as heat exceeding 110 degrees may kill the active enzymes in the honey, reducing its healing properties.
3) Apply to face and neck with a small brush and leave on for 15 - 20 minutes while you relax and enjoy a sweet moment.
4) Remove with tepid water, and follow with a moisturizer of your choice.
Sweet Kisses Lip Gloss ~
- 1 cup sweet almond oil +½ cup beeswax
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Melt almond oil and beeswax together, whisk in the honeywhile still warm.
- Pour into small containers with lid. Makesabout 1½ cups.
Float Away ~
- ¼ cup of honey in your bathwater for a sweet end to your day.
Out of Body Experience ~
- For Ambience, Light an organic beeswax candle then experience our silky, delicious honey on your body.